Slow cooker Mongolian beef

Slow cooker mongolian beef HLH

Day 15

I love to cook, but as soon as the ingredients list on a recipe starts stretching a little long I completely lose interest.  At first glance this recipe wasn’t looking too good, but when you look closer there isn’t anything complicated about it and I actually had everything in the pantry (surprisingly).  Plus, just throwing everything together didn’t seem too hard either!

This was a beautiful recipe and probably my husband’s favourite so far.

Refer to the recipe notes for suggestions on ingredient substitutes.

Slow cooker mongolian beef recipe

[ Print recipe ]

31 days of slow cooker recipes - see more

9 Responses to Slow cooker Mongolian beef

1. Sarah 11 April, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

In the slow cooker now… Can’t wait until tea time!!

• hellolittlehouse 11 April, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

My family loves this one Sarah. I hope you do too!

2. SallyB 17 June, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

This was devine! Thanks so much, will be on my high rotation list.

PS Am loving your slow cooker series….no tinned soup and no packet is my criteria as well so these have been fab-o.

3. michelle n 4 October, 2013 at 5:37 am #

I have this recipe in my slow cooker right now. The combination of ingredients smelled so amazing as I was putting it together! I have high hopes! Thank you so much!

4. MayMay 26 November, 2013 at 10:15 am #

I made this for husband and guests on the weekend. I had everything in the pantry, except the meat. What a success! Now it’s on our slow cooker rotation! We’ve also made the Corned Beef, looking forward to Coconut Beef next. Thanks for freeing up our slow cooker from my usual two recipes. :)

• hellolittlehouse 28 November, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

Thank you! I love that you’ve found a few new recipes.

5. Janey 5 January, 2014 at 1:09 pm #

You can also add some veggies like carrots, celery …

• hellolittlehouse 12 February, 2014 at 3:35 pm #

Absolutely!

6. Callie 21 April, 2014 at 7:55 pm #

Fab recipe! i make this all the time for my family, and it’s always a winner! thanks so much for sharing :)