Slow cooker chicken tikka masala

Slow cooker chicken tikka masala HLH

Day 23

I really enjoy Indian food and loved the flavours of garam masala, tomatoes and yoghurt in this dish.  This was also really popular with the boys and my 4yo shouted ‘this is good chicken!’ in the middle of dinner.  I love how adventurous their little tastebuds can be – it’s always surprising.

The jalapeno didn’t add nearly as much heat as I expected, so next time I might split the jalapeno completely rather than just pierce it for flavour.

Slow cooker chicken tikka masala recipe

[ Print this recipe ]

31 days of slow cooker recipes - see more

9 Responses to Slow cooker chicken tikka masala

1. Emily 25 October, 2012 at 7:35 am #

So glad you posted this! I’ve been searching for an easy Chicken Tikka Masala recipe with no luck. Can’t wait to try this out 🙂

2. Nicole 27 April, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Thanks SO much for posting this DELICIOUS recipe! I love Indian cuisine but this was my first attempt at making it- the dish turned out out better than any tikka masala we’ve ever had!! Yum…

3. hellolittlehouse 28 April, 2013 at 7:46 pm #

Great to hear Nicole! I haven’t had this for ages. Thanks for reminding me to add it to this weeks meal planner!

4. James 4 May, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

EXCELLENT recipe!! I use this every couple of weeks for something special. I use a fair bit of rice to have beside it so I usually get about 5 meals!! Tastes amazing! Thought I’d leave a comment after using it for about 5 months now! With the jalapeno, yes, I just cut it in half lengthways and throw it in – and throw in a couple of bay leaves.. Why not? Thanks.

5. hellolittlehouse 7 May, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

That’s brilliant James – great to hear it’s become a favourite.

6. Catherine Sheppard 20 July, 2013 at 1:56 pm #

This dish was absolutely delicious, a real hit with my two children ( 5 and 6 ), and my husband. Thank you so much for sharing, I’m always on the lookout for new recipes.

Cathy

7. Hannah 9 October, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Do you put the chicken in the slow cooker raw? I’m so scaird of not cooking it properly & getting sick (new to slow cooking, this is my first recipe)

8. hellolittlehouse 15 November, 2013 at 3:20 pm #

Hi Hannah – the chicken goes in raw. Just follow the suggested cooking times & you can’t go wrong.

9. Rebecca 17 November, 2013 at 8:04 pm #

We made this last night. So simple to put together and delicious. Thank you for the recipe. Will be trying some of your others!