Slow cooker baked potato

Slow cooker baked potato HLH

Day 1

And this is where we begin!  With an easy meal of baked potatoes stuffed with all the fillings you can imagine.  My favourite?  A simple mix of grated cheese, sour cream and bacon.

I love this for a quick weekday meal, but this would also be great to serve for a party or family gathering.  The potatoes can cook ahead of time and stay warm in the slow cooker, then everyone can help themselves to a spread of fillings (bacon, sour cream, grated cheese, chilli con carne, garlic mushrooms, dhal…).

This is a fun meal for the kids too – they loved building their own potato mountain.

Slow cooker baked potato recipe

[ Print this recipe ]

Slow cooker baked potato prep

31 days of slow cooker recipes - see more

, ,

14 Responses to Slow cooker baked potato

1. Jessica @ This Blessed Life 2 October, 2012 at 12:26 am #

Found your blog through the Nester’s link and I’m so excited for your series! I love using my slow cooker and I love that you’re not going to add any cream-of soups or pre-mixes to your recipes (although I do have a clean cream soup recipe that works really well on roasts!). Anyway, I’m happy to be here! 🙂

2. hellolittlehouse 2 October, 2012 at 7:43 am #

Thanks Jessica. And a big congratulations on reaching one-million page views! A wonderful milestone.

3. Cherry 2 October, 2012 at 7:57 am #

I am wanting to get into the practice of using my slow cooker more often, so will be following along here! Thanks for this idea of using the slow cooker for baked potatoes – I never had thought of that before, and will be trying it out. Always so handy to use the slow cooker, freeing up the oven for other things, as well.

4. hellolittlehouse 2 October, 2012 at 8:27 am #

Thanks for following Cherry – there is sure to be a few new recipes to add to your meal plan.

5. Linda @ My Crafty Home Life 2 October, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

I love my slow-cooker, too. I need more recipes. I had no idea you could bake a potato in one. Love this!

6. Jenna 3 October, 2012 at 4:07 am #

I love this series and am excited to follow along! I think I’ll be picking up some potatoes today…

7. hellolittlehouse 3 October, 2012 at 7:04 am #

Hi Jenna, thanks for following along. I love your ‘shut up & sew’ challenge – learning to sew properly is on my bucket list!

8. Marty 3 October, 2012 at 8:30 am #

I LOVE my slow cooker. Use it weekly, sometimes twice a week. Looking forward to trying out new recipes. Did the potatoes today. So easy and so DELICIOUS! Perfect for fall. Thanks so much!

9. midnightvisitor 4 October, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

We love potatoes in our house. Will give this a go soon.

10. Heather@ Thrifty Stories 5 October, 2012 at 6:41 am #

I’ve seen this done before. Thanks for reminding me to try it. As a mama of four small kiddos, the slow cooker is my best friend.

Popping over from Nester’s. 🙂

11. Karen 9 October, 2012 at 5:23 am #

I have never tried baked potatoes in a crock pot and I am really needing some crockpot recipes for the coming fall and winter. Thank you for dling this.

12. Niamh 6 January, 2014 at 9:41 pm #

Hello and Happy New Year

I have been the proud owner of a Slow Cooker for the last two weeks, so I’m a complete novice. I have just found your site while searching for recipes and am going to start working my way through your 31 day challenge and see how i get on…

It is great to have found a site with so many recipes in one place and so clearly explained and also to see comments from people who have actually tried and tested them.

13. hellolittlehouse 12 February, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Congratulations on your purchase Niamh! I hope you find a few recipes you like.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 7 Days of Slow Cooking… | Project Mum - 4 September, 2013

[…] ended the 7 day challenge with an easy Slow Cooker Baked Potato.  This is a great thing to pop on in the morning so that you have something quick and easy ready […]