I don’t like to buy cards – birthday, get well soon, thank you etc. They seem like such a lot of money for something that someone else has put so much thought into. I do love handmade cards though and I especially love little handmade gifts that say the same thing that a store bought card would.
These personalised teabags are just perfect for popping in an envelope with a little note and delivering to my friends and family who live far away. They can sip tea with a little love from me at the same time.
Here’s what to do :
1. Remove the staple and tag from teabag.
2. Use the tag as a template on coloured paper or card to cut your own tags.
3. Decorate your tags and fold them in half.
4. Use a needle to punch two small holes (only a few millimetres apart) at the bottom of the tag where the string will go.
5. Thread the needle with the string from the teabag and weave through holes in the tag. Tie a knot in the string to secure.
Note : I threaded the string through the inside of the tag first so I could hide the knot in the middle. I only threaded the string through each hole once.
Love it? Don’t forget to Pin it!