Potato & leek soup

Potato & leek soup HLH

When my husband and I first moved in together, he brought with him a couple of recipes that had seen him through his bachelor days.  This soup was one of them and the original piece of scrap paper that the recipe was scrawled on all those years ago sits in my recipe folder.

IMG_8070

This is my husband’s favourite soup and I always know that Winter has well and truly arrived when I start getting requests for this to appear.

I serve it to the boys in little mugs and we all love a few crushed up crackers on top.

Potato & leek soup recipe v2

[ Print this recipe ]

, , ,

7 Responses to Potato & leek soup

1. Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen 25 June, 2012 at 7:26 am #

This looks delicious! Potato soup is one of my favorites, and I can’t wait to have it once it’s cold here again 🙂

Awesome photo too – I always have trouble making soup look pretty, and yours is perfect!

2. myfudo 25 June, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Rich and creamy! Just how I want my soup to be…Love to try this for dinner tonight!

3. hellolittlehouse 25 June, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

It’s perfect for a quick dinner. I hope you like it!

4. hellolittlehouse 25 June, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

I know, how hard is soup to photograph! Great blog name by the way – very funny.

5. Angie@Angie's Recipes 25 June, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

I love simple and satisfying soups like this. Totally delicious!

6. Kate 16 September, 2012 at 10:54 pm #

Thanks for posting this recipe. I just finished making this soup, but with a twist. Instead of the reduced fat and evaporated milk, I left the soup plain, but served it with a spoonful of sour cream on top. I also added a few sprigs of fresh thyme while simmering. Very yummy!

7. hellolittlehouse 18 September, 2012 at 9:23 am #

That sounds beautiful Kate. Will definitely give it a try next time.